Short of time and strapped for cash? How about we show you how to knock up a two course meal in under 20 minutes and for less than £2.50 per head! This one-pot style of cooking means there’s minimal washing up too. Tasty and simple dinner… SORTED!
- 1 shallot
- Shot of olive oil
- 2 sticks of celery
- Chunk of chorizo (150g)
- Glass of white wine
- Tin of tomatoes
- Tin of chickpeas
- 4 hefty pork sausages
- Handful of fresh parsley
How do I cook it?
- Preheat the grill to a medium heat.
- Peel and roughly chop the shallot and start to fry in a large frying pan with a shot of oil to soften.
- Prick the sausages to stop them bursting as they cook and line them up on a baking tray.
- Grill them for 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally until they are golden all over.
- Wash and chop the celery and add to the pan with the shallot, frying for 2 minutes.
- Cube the chorizo and toss in with the onion and celery to cook for 2 minutes.
- Splash in the wine and allow to bubble.
- Open and drain the chickpeas, before adding to the pan with the tinned tomatoes.
- Stir and simmer the sauce until the sausages are cooked.
- Chop the fresh parsley and mix into the cassoulet with salt and pepper to season.
- Serve the sausages on a generous mound of the chickpea and chorizo cassoulet.
Does this recipe make your mouth water? Check out www.sortedfood.com for more great cooking ideas!