- Chunk of chorizo
- Few spring onions
- Small piece of feta cheese
- 2 portions of cod (or alternative fish e.g. tilapia)
- ½ a cup of couscous
- ½ a stock cube
- Salt and pepper
How do I cook it?
- Fill up the kettle and bring it to the boil.
- Trim the cod, season with salt and pepper and fry it in a hot pan with a splash of oil for about two minutes on each side.
- Dice up the chorizo nice and small and add to the frying pan with the fish.
- Measure the ½ a cup of couscous into a clean bowl, crumble over the stock cube and then
- Measure in ½ a cup of the boiling water from the kettle.
- Stir with a fork and leave to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Slice the spring onions and break up the feta before adding to the now fluffy couscous.
- Tip in the cooked chorizo and the oils from the pan, then stir all together.
- Pile the couscous onto a plate, squeeze the lemon onto the cooked fish and carefully lift it onto of the warm couscous.
- Garnish with a wedge of lemon and sprig of parsley (optional) before tucking in.
Does this recipe make your mouth water? Check out www.sortedfood.com for more great cooking ideas!