Polenta Pizza S How many of you have the local pizza delivery on speed dial? How about if SORTED could take the well known pizza and simplify a version to be made at home in under 20 minutes. Scrap any tricky bread making and dive straight into this polenta version, stacked high with as many of your favourite toppings as you like.
- vegetable stock (400ml)
- polenta grain (100g)
- handful of Parmesan, grated
- ½ a red onion, peeled and sliced
- 12 sun-blushed tomatoes
- 8 small mozzarella balls, halved
- 6 slices of salami sausage
- few fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Heat the vegetable stock up in a saucepan until it is boiling.
- Tip in the polenta and keep stirring until it becomes the consistency of mashed potato.
- Dump in the Parmesan cheese and stir to melt.
- Line a cake tin with baking paper before tipping the cooked polenta in.
- Spread evenly to the edges.
- Scatter the onion, sun-blushed tomatoes, mozzarella and salami over the base making
sure it is all well distributed.
- Bake in the oven for 6-8 minutes until the cheese on top has turned golden.
- Serve by lifting the baking paper from the tin and transferring it to a chopping board to portion and accompany with salad.
Feeds 2 as a main meal or 4 as light lunch.
Don’t believe it’s that fast? Watch the recipe in action @ www.sortedfood.com/polentapizza