Banana and Yoghurt Pancakes Recipe | The Student Pocket Guide
This recipe is great for using up any leftover yoghurt and over ripe bananas. You can also experiment by adding a few sultanas, flaked almonds or a few soft berries to the batter. Adding the yogurt to the batter makes them really healthy but you could omit the yogurt and make the batter with just milk if you prefer…
1 egg lightly beaten
2 over-ripe bananas, mashed with a fork
150g plain flour
A pinch of salt
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
125ml natural yoghurt
- Mix together the egg, milk, yoghurt and bananas.
- Sieve the flour and salt with the baking powder into a large bowl, stir in the ‘wet’ ingredients and the sugar. The batter will look a little lumpy.
- Transfer to a mixing jug and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat a lightly oiled frying pan over a medium heat until smoking hot, turn the heat down and pour small amounts of batter into the pan. Cook in batches on each side until golden.
- Use a palette knife to flip the pancakes, put onto a plate in a warm place until you have finished cooking all the pancakes.
- Serve with fresh fruit (and extra yoghurt).