The Ultimate Guide to Making Money from Online Surveys
Afternoon off? Break between lectures? Why not make some extra cash in your spare time to make your student loan stretch that bit further? You could earn £100s each month just from giving your thoughts on Justin Bieber, the latest gadgets or even what goes on between your bedsheets – all you need is a laptop and an internet connection. Read on for the ultimate guide to making money from online surveys.
Shape the future of your favourite brands
Market research is a key component of the success of every business, from the big names like Microsoft and Mars, to your local greengrocers. Understanding their target audience and obtaining feedback on their latest products enables them to make constant improvements and maximise sales. This is where you come in.
How much could you earn?
Survey sites, like Vivatic, typically pay around the one pound mark for a survey that takes between five and twenty minutes, but this figure can be as much as a fiver. Some avid survey-takers earn hundreds per month – not bad for something you can do whilst watching TV or waiting for your dinner to cook!
How will you get paid?
The usual incentive is a cash reward, but some panels use a points system whereby points can be exchanged for cash or vouchers for retailers – great for earning some extra income during those expensive times of the year. Make sure you’re aware of the minimum threshold for ‘cashing out’ for the panel in question. Method of payment is usually PayPal or BACS, or, less commonly, cheque. Check this before you sign up.
Top Tips for maximising your earnings
- Shop around to find the panel that works for you.
- Keep your profile up to date to boost your chances of qualifying and prevent screening out.
- Set up a designated email address and check regularly for survey invitations – high paying surveys usually fill up within hours of being available so make sure you’re not missing out.
- Keep an eye out for those offering a lump sum for taking part in a study over a period of time.
- Accept as many survey invitations as you can to start with, even if they sound boring – you’ll build a good reputation so you’ll get pick of the bunch in the future.
- Be truthful – companies often corroborate previous answers, so fibs will quickly be uncovered and you won’t get paid.
- Keep a record of each survey you complete, so if for any reason your account isn’t credited, you can reference this when you contact customer service.
- Refer a friend – most survey sites will reward you handsomely for recommending them, so get your mates involved.
- Have fun! Making money online shouldn’t be a chore; do a little each day to earn some extra cash without eating into your free time.
- It’s advisable to join as many different panels as possible to increase your earning potential. Alternatively, sign up to Vivatic, which collates surveys from all the top providers so you can find them all in one place. It will also identify those targeted toward your demographic to avoid you being screened out last minute – nifty!
Avoid the scams. Remember: no reputable survey site will ask you for any money to complete surveys. Survey companies vary considerably, so whilst a quick web search provides hundreds of options for, not all are guaranteed to pay out. Common complaints are that surveys slow down as you near the payout threshold or once you have reached it, so you just aren’t paid.
Check for reviews on the internet before you sign up – if an opportunity sounds too good to be true, it probably is. The genuine companies will have a contact telephone number and business address on their website.
Start earning now
If you’re interested in making money online, Vivatic is a good place to start. It’s an online rewards site that pays cash for participating in a wide variety of tasks, including surveys, offers and daily polls. You can also take part in data entry and writing jobs, earning up to £10 for an article or review, so there’s lots to get involved with. Click here to get started – you’ll get £2 just for signing up.
Top tip: ‘like’ their Facebook page, where they post daily competitions, offers and money saving tips, a fun and easy way to supplement your earnings.
So what are you waiting for? Sign up today and get earning.