Have you caught the travelling bug? It’s something that everyone is doing at uni whether it is just hopping on a train to Europe or somewhere farther afield like America. Before you travel it is important to know the laws of where you are travelling so that you don’t get yourself into any hot water. So, read ahead for ten little known weird American laws, that you really want to avoid getting into trouble for.
1. In Tennessee it is against the law to import any type of live Skunk. It is also illegal to sell, barter or transfer any live Skunk.
2. In Oklahoma it is illegal to have a sleeping Donkey in your bath after 7pm.
3. In Kansas if you ever run out of glasses do not even think about serving wine in teacups as that is illegal.
4. In Baltimore it is completely illegal to take a Lion in to the cinema, well where are you supposed to put your pet lion then?
5. In New Mexico it is illegal for you to vote if you are an ‘idiot’.
6. In North Dakota it is illegal for you to fall asleep with your shoes on.
7. In Utah it is illegal for you to marry your cousin- but this no longer applies if you are over 65.
8. In the town of Quitman, Georgia, Chickens are not allowed to cross the road.
9. In Washington it is illegal to have sex with an animal that weighs more than 40 lbs.
10. In Maryland it is illegal to mistreat oysters.
- Subscribe to The Student Pocket Guide for exclusive competitions, deals, discounts, tips and advice!
- Read The Student Pocket Guide.