Well, yesterday was St Swithin’s Day and as it rained, according to the tale, this meant it was supposed to rain for the next forty days. We don’t know about where you are, but here in Norwich the theory has certainly proven to be incorrect – It’s nice and sunny, yay! Seeing as the suns out, surely we could all do with a nice refreshing drink, couldn’t we? A coke maybe? Well today the company have announced they’ve been working with fashion designer, Jonathan Anderson…
Coca-Cola have been established since 1886 and are one of the most iconic brands in the world. Here are some fun, interesting facts you probably didn’t know about the brand…
1. It was originally invented by a pharmacist, John Pemberton to be used as a medicine for patients, until it was bought out and marketed as a soft-drink by businessman, Asa Griggs Candler.
2. It was the first soft drink to be in space!
3. The formula for Coca-Cola is top secret and only a few people know the recipe. Rumour has it, apparently, they’re not allowed to travel on the same plane as one another, just in case it crashes!
4. It’s been estimated that every second, 10,450 Coca-Cola drinks are consumed.
5. You know that iconic Coca-Cola Santa Claus advert that signals the start of Christmas? Artist and illustrator, Haddon Sundblom created this idea, which was launched in 1931.
Maybe part of the reason for their success is due to the company constantly reinventing themselves and coming up with new ideas. Remember the Coke bottles with your name on? How popular are they?!
So how exactly were Coca-Cola going to top their last advertising campaign? Well with sales of their drinks bottles increasing and with Diet Coke now proving to be the worlds most popular diet drink, perhaps it comes as no surprise that they have decided to team up with designer, Jonathan Anderson to launch a new, cool, and slightly quirky Diet Coke bottle.
Here is Diet Coke’s new ad campaign featuring Mr Anderson himself!
We can’t wait to see what the new bottles look like when they’re released!
- Subscribe to The Student Pocket Guide for exclusive competitions, deals, discounts, tips and advice!
- Read The Student Pocket Guide.