It’s that daunting time of year again, they’re looming just around the corner… DEADLINES. *Cue the alarm bells ringing in your heads.* So just in case you had forgotten about that 2,000 word essay that is due in next week, here’s a friendly reminder to start it as soon as possible. I know for most people this time of year is the worst time for deadlines, as Christmas is approaching and you are putting off that ‘flat Christmas dinner’ until your work is done – Tis the season to be jolly and all that.
I know right now you are doing everything in your power to not do the work and taken procrastination to a whole new level. So here are my top 5 essay tips to help you handle the stress of writing an assignment.
- First thing first, don’t panic!
- Do a mind map/plan of what your essay question is and pick out all the key words for you to focus on.
- Take your time when you’re writing it. There is no need to rush as you will probably end up deleting half of it the next morning.
- Take regular ‘study breaks’ and no, unfortunately I don’t mean spending three hours off watching Netflix. Maybe go for a walk and have some fresh air, or just make yourself a cuppa!
- Remember you can only do your best.
P.S. It’s not the end of the world if you don’t get the 1st you wanted, there is always room for improvement… so now you have finished reading this you can go and start writing your essay instead of laying in bed procrastinating!