Make up is every girl’s best friend. We like to put some lipstick on and feel pretty and feminine, cover some imperfections, or just experiment with it. However, sometimes it can be quite a demanding task, especially if you are at university and trying to keep up with your assignments. Using make up is probably the last thing you want to do, so here are some beauty hacks that will make your life easier:
1. To make your manicure last longer, apply a thin layer of clear nail varnish every two days.
2. Use coconut oil to remove waterproof make up.
3. Exfoliate with body scrub once a week to slough off dead cells that make skin look dull. When skin is freshly exfoliated, lotion and oil are better absorbed.
4. Wear white eyeliner in your water line to make eyes appear bigger.
5. For fuller lips, extend the lip line using a flesh tone lip liner. Be careful not to go overboard, though!
6. To cover up roots in a hurry, use a dry shampoo spray for your hair colour.
7. If you don’t have nail polish remover, apply clear nail polish over your nail, and then wipe off. It will remove old polish.
8. Apply lotion after a shower or bath, when skin is still damp.
9. To make lipstick last longer, allow it to set for a few minutes after applying, blot lips with tissue and dust them with powder, then apply another coat.
10. Beautiful skin starts from within. Include lots of vegetables, fruit and water in your diet.
- Subscribe to The Student Pocket Guide for exclusive competitions, deals, discounts, tips and advice!
- Read The Student Pocket Guide.