With Christmas done and dusted, the New Year is well on its way. Instead of the traditional New Year Resolutions of diets, breaking habits, or keeping promises, why not try something a bit different? Create a list of new things that you could try every month.
- Be a volunteer for the day, either at a homeless shelter, dog shelter, or helping the elderly.
- Learn something new that you haven’t tried before – Yoga or karate.
- Learn how to play a musical instrument.
- Enjoy your own company for the day, spend a whole day in bed, or go for dinner on your own.
- Bake a cake.
- Swap the car for a bike or go walking for the day. Great exercise.
- Switch off all your technology, no phones, laptops or tablets for a whole day.
- Take a trip to the seaside, or just a walk in the park and take your camera with you, photograph everything.
- Make a separate snapchat account to the one you use daily. Starting at the beginning of the month, send all your snaps to it and don’t open it untill the end of the month when you can look back on what you’ve been up to the whole month.
- Declutter your room or house, throw away all the junk you don’t need. Be ruthless, don’t keep any old rubbish.
- Go for a swim.
- Write down a plan of things you’d like to achieve throughout your life. Use it as a guide and tick them off once they’ve been done.
Now let’s begin our wonderful journeys of 2016!
- Subscribe to The Student Pocket Guide for exclusive competitions, deals, discounts, tips and advice!
- Read The Student Pocket Guide.