Here is our top 21 things to do before you’re 21 from riding Europe’s longest zip line, to going on a road trip and even swimming with pigs. Read on to find out more…
1. Go to Bangkok for their nation-wide water fight
It goes by the name Songkran and celebrated as the traditional New Years Day. Despite the religious rituals involved in the occasion, families and friends find it the perfect excuse to have fun.
2. Run with bulls in Spain
known as Pamplona running of the bulls, this is definitely one for the adrenaline junkies. The event, that takes place once a year, involves the locals getting chased down the back streets by bulls, crazy I know.
3. National tomato fight
This is another one of Spain’s bizarre occasions. They call it La Tomatina and whole communities join together in the streets to launch tomatoes at each other.
4. Watch a space shuttle launch from Cape Canaveral
Head to Florida to witness your childhood dream of a rocket disappearing into outer space. The best view you can get is from Playalinda beach.
5. Hire a campervan and go on a road trip
No matter where you are whether it’s Australia or the west coast of America, travelling in a campervan allows you to get to see ten times as many places.
6. Get Your hair groomed by a monkey in the Philippines
Bradley Cooper beat us all to it, but who can think of anything better than a monkey sat on your shoulder playing with your luscious locks.
7. Ride Europe’s longest zip line in Cumbria
Zip Worlds ‘velocity’ zip line is described as ‘the nearest thing to flying’.
8. Take a dip in the Blue Lagoon Geo-Thermal Spa – Iceland
Who could say no to bathing in the pure heart of the Icelandic landscape – just make sure to keep your shoulders under the water… it gets a bit chilly!
9. Skydive over the Golden Coast – Australia
View the gold coast beaches and look back to Surfers Paradise from thousands of feet up in the air.
10. Go to Glastonbury – UK’s best and biggest music festival
Even if you’re not a music fanatic, a festival this enormous has activities to keep everyone cheerful.
11. Pig out at IHOP USA
The International House of Pancakes is definitely a must for those with a sweet tooth and eyes bigger than their belly.
12. Swim with pigs in the Bahamas
You might not believe that pigs can fly, but they can most certainly swim. You have to see it to believe it.
13. Celebrate New Years Eve in Times Square
You’ll be surrounded by well over 1 million people for the big countdown and celebrations.
14. Mix it up and eat Christmas dinner on the beach in Australia
Christmas is most commonly associated with cold weather and big mugs of hot chocolate… why not mix it up a bit and accompany your turkey with a mojito on the beach.
15. Go ghost hunting
The most popular place in the UK to visit for a scare is Borley Rectory, Essex.
16. Ride an Elephant in Thailand
How many opportunities do you have to take this form of transport?
17. Go base jumping
This is one for the more athletic daredevils amongst us.
18. Go to see the firefly squids in Japan
They glow at night time and create the most amazing blue lights underneath the sea.
19. Ride a cable car in San Francisco
Just because it’s not something you get to do at home!
20. Head to the beach early to watch the turtles hatch and run for the ocean
This is the most adorable sight you could possibly get, just be aware not to step on any!
21. Do the colour run
Run a race for charity and have a paint fight at the same time. It’s fun until it gets in your eyes … take a pair of sunglasses!