This is a subtle reminder to all students that Mothers Day is coming up. Sunday 6th March to be exact, and you may want to think about going and seeing your mother on that day. Or at least Skyping her.
Some people go all out on Mothering Sunday, however others let it pass by. Maybe this year, go the extra mile and show her you do appreciate her, post her a card or send her some flowers. You don’t have to break the bank to say thanks for bailing you out on many an occasion.
Here are some other ideas that won’t break the bank and will remind your mum that she’s pretty darn cool.
- The classic. Flowers. Don’t have to be pricey, but a safe bet for a mum.
- Really strapped for cash? Bake some cakes or cookies? Means you get to eat them too.
- Something else you can go wrong with is a bottle of bubbly or some chocolates. Supermarkets always have some good deals on.
- If you are close with her, write her a long message or a letter, in this case words can speak louder than actions.
- Top tip, if you have a sibling, team up and you’ll find your money will go a lot further.
- And if you have some money stashed away that hasn’t yet been spent on Jaeger bombs then have a look at jewellery or a spa day. Guaranteed mega brownie points coming your way.
If all else fails, at least get her a card!
- Subscribe to The Student Pocket Guide for exclusive competitions, deals, discounts, tips and advice!
- Read The Student Pocket Guide