Drones have become so popular over the last few months and everyone seems to have one! Whether it is flying one for a hobby or because you want to capture cool video footage, they are so versatile and are really having a moment in the spotlight – especially on YouTube.
However, there are several rules and regulations regarding flying drones. Different countries have different laws and in some places they may be illegal. Here in the UK they are legal as long as you follow the codes of conduct. So here is a quick guide if you are interested in buying one or already have one and are unsure of the rules.
– When flying your drone it has to be visible to yourself and only up to 400ft high.
– Avoid going near aircrafts, helicopters and airports.
– Drones with cameras must not be flown within 50 metres of vehicles, buildings and people.
– Do not fly the drone over populated areas.
– Always ask permission where possible, especially if you are on someone else’s land or are crossing across their property.
Personally, I think drones are a great invention and produce great images and videos (if you master actually flying it of course!).
You can find out more about the UK drone laws here: https://www.caa.co.uk/Commercial-industry/Aircraft/Unmanned-aircraft/Guidance-on-operating-permissions-for-drones/