Yes… That time has came round again, the 7am starts and the late finishes, the joys of being a student! This article will include all the tech essentials to get you through your studies and well, life!
Whether you are beginning your first year as secondary school student or finishing your last year of university, it is impossible to get through the year without technology. Preparing for the new academic year can be a very daunting and (very) very expensive task, however, it doesn’t have to be!
Here is a list of the most useful must have gadgets for 2016:
- Laptop – Work, work, work, the most essential item. Three laptops in which I would recommend are the HP 11” Intel Celeron Chromebook (£129), MacBook Air (£899) and the HP Pavilion x2 (£219). Plus these devices are great for Netflix!
- Portable Storage – This is a must, not just for storing those important documents but for also the movies! WD My Passport Ultra 1TB hard drive for (£52.99), bargain!
- Smartphone – Who doesn’t have one? Great for keeping up to date on social media and browsing the internet quickly.
- Tablet – A useful storage device for all your music and also streaming movies!
- Wireless Printer – Wireless printers are becoming increasingly popular due to the fact you can print from anywhere and from any device. A cheap reliable printer I recommend is the HP Envy 4524 All-in-One Wireless (£45).
- Portable Battery Pack – For when your phone or tablet is running out of juice!
- Tile – A great little device which reduces the risk of you loosing anything ever again!
- Headphones and Earphones – Having both headphones and earphones are a must. Earphones are great when you are on a short walk to your campus or when you’re not wanting your lecturer to find out you’re not actually listening, whereas, headphones are great for when you want the expert sound quality.
- Graphic Calculator – Although scientific calculators are useful, graphic calculators are capable of doing more such as graphing functions, solve integral calculus and also matrices, leaving you with less work!
- SmartPen – You may be thinking a smartwatch, a smartphone and now a smartpen?? Yes a smartpen, this clever little device lets your notes instantly paper on your mobile device.
- FitBit – Many students work load is increasing year by year, this means that the level of physical activity decreases. Having a fitness tracker such as a FitBit encourages you to be a little more proactive!
- Kindle and also a console – After your studies its always a useful idea to get some down time, a great way to do this is to grab a kindle and read a book or enjoy a game of FIFA on a gaming console.
“Learners in the internet age don’t need more information. They need to know how to efficiently use the massive amount of information available at their fingertips – to determine what’s credible, what’s relevant, and when its useful to reference.”
– Anna Sabramowicz