Apple has finally unveiled it’s brand new iPhone 7, and it’s looking pretty awesome.
The product was unveiled in San Francisco on September 7th and and customers will be able to pre-order the new phones from Friday September 9th.
So what are the features of Apple’s new product?
- The rumours were true – the iPhone 7 is indeed waterproof (finally!).
- Apple has removed the headphone jack and now include a headphone/aux jack adapter with the purchase of the phone which could cause problems when you want to charge your phone and listen to music through wired headphones at the same time.
- The 16GB and 64GB models are no more – the new iPhone 7 comes only in 32GB (£599), 128GB (£699), and 256GB (£799). The prices for the iPhone 7 Plus are considerably more, the 256GB will cost you a whopping £919.
- The iPhone 7 Plus comes with a dual-lens camera capable of professional-grade photographs. The iPhone 7 comes with a 12-megapixel wide angle camera which is supposedly 60% faster and 30% more energy-efficient than previous models.
- The phone is available in a new glossy black but is more prone to showing up scratches than the previous models.
- Controversially, the absence of the headphone jack means Apple have created new wireless headphones called ‘AirPod’ headphones which will cost you a further £159! Many people have taken to social media to mock the new headphones for their price and how easy they will be to lose.
- Longer battery life; the iPhone 7 supposedly has a battery life that lasts 2 hours longer than the iPhone 6s
- And finally, a new A10 chip allows the phone to run three times faster than the iPhone 6 with only half the power.So to summarise, the new iPhone is looking rather impressive and we’re sure many of you can’t wait to get your hands on it! Visually, there isn’t anything particularly new about the phone’s appearance, but the new and improved features certainly make up for that. The phone will be available for purchase in stores from September 16th.
Written by Chloe Gascoigne