You’re young, smart and ready to take on the world but the world doesn’t automatically fall into your lap. So many people shy away from taking risks because of various reasons, such as a lack of confidence, lack of commitment and even lack of vision. Is that you???
You may have read those reasons and seen yourself coming out in some of them but that’s okay. You can change! It definitely isn’t easy but you can build your confidence, practice keeping your commitments and work on building up your vision. Now, there are a few things you need to implement in order to take a CALCULATED risk. Don’t just be taking risks for the fun of it because you can land yourself in some serious trouble such as debt and that’s the last thing you need at this age. So below are some things you will need to think about before getting on with it.
- Determine the risk (what are you trying to achieve?)
- Determine the probability of the risk working out in your favour.
- How much work will you need to make this a success? Are you willing to do the work?
- Is this a long term or short term risk?
- What happens if you do NOT take this risk?
- What resources do you need? Where can you find these resources?
Now, all risks do not need a checklist before proceeding with them. For example, some people take a risk by saying hello to the person they like. That’s not as major as starting a business but it’s something they took a chance on. You just need to approach your risk head on, don’t back down and see it for what it is.
JUST GO FOR IT!