The Struggles of Being Short
For all you guys below 5″5…we’re here for you!
- You get really tired of face planting peoples’ boobs when you hug them (or, you might really enjoy it.)
- Food/grocery shopping gets super embarrassing when you have to ask strangers to grab something off the top shelf for you.
- Buying jeans makes you want to cry. You’re used to buying regular length and then rolling the bottoms up – or even trimming them off.
- Walking with anyone over six foot is a major work-out; one of their strides is roughly two of yours.
- You can just about breathe in the 5ft area of pool; your nose is basically just above the water.
- You have to sit ridiculously close to the wheel while driving just so your feet can reach the pedals.
- You probably have to climb your kitchen worktops so you can get some cereal.
- You always have a sore neck from looking up at tall people.
- You’re referred to as being “cute” at least once everyday; and it’s only because you’re the perfect height for people to lean on.
- People think it’s hilarious when you’re angry because no one can take an angry dwarfed person seriously.
- You’re ID’d every time you go out.
- You get cramp in your feet more than people of normal height because you spend 78% of your life on tiptoes.
- You fear for your future children; you pray, for their sake, they don’t inherit your height.
- You have silent hatred for anyone else in your family who could’ve passed on the short gene to you.
- Concerts can be miserable when all you can see is the back of someone’s head.