When you’re feeling thirsty, it means your body has been feeling dehydrated for quite some times and your brain is sending alarm bells to make you drink. Our bodies are made up of 60% water, which means if you’re dehydrated, it affects almost your whole body! I spent 19 years of my life surviving on diet coke, tea, and coffee. But back in May 2016, I made a change. I began drinking 2 liters of water a day; the amount that is recommended. At first, it seemed impossible; I just didn’t feel thirsty, I just didn’t fancy it, and it felt like a chore. After two weeks, I had adapted to it and simply carried a water bottle around with me all day and just kept refilling it whenever I could. And now, 5 months on, I can tell you the benefits of drinking more water..
- It helps to keep your skin clear and blemish free! It evens out skin tone and prevents both dry and oily skin! You may find that when you first start drinking more water you might have a small outbreak, but this is just your skin flushing out the bad stuff!2. Drinking water regulates your metabolism and speeds it up which can result in weight loss.
3. It flushes out bacteria and waste; bacteria and waste is flushed out of our bodies through sweat and urine. If we don’t drink water, waste cannot leave the body and can build up causing infections and a mountain of other health issues.
4. Drinking more water leads to better performance; when we are dehydrated the body becomes weaker, and results in fatigue, dizziness, and electrolyte imbalance.
5. Drinking water prevents cancers such as colon and bladder cancers up to 50%!
6. Being dehydrated can affect your mood making you irritable and confused. Drink more, be happy!