When you have a tight budget, meal planning and grocery shopping has its challenges…And when you’re dedicated to eating and staying healthy, it’s even trickier to stick to your budget! How can you eat healthy on a super tight budget? Here are some of the best top tips to help all yous save while staying healthy!…
Buy fresh produce when it’s in season and freeze it
- Fresh produce is great, but the cost can sure add quick and fast! Get into a routine of buying what’s currently in season and start stocking up when you find a bargain!
Look for bargains every-time you shop and plan meals accordingly
- If your local grocery store offers a savings card be sure to sign up, and check the weekly circular to see what’s on sale. Instead of shopping for groceries based on your weekly meal plan, consider planning your meals around what’s on sale. This way…meals can get creative and persuade you to try something different.
Try not to buy expensive cuts of meat
- If you’re a meat lover…then there is nothing wrong with learning to love cheaper cuts is there?! You’ll still be able to enjoy meat, even though you’re on a tight budget! Look for less expensive cuts of meat, like chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts, and try different cooking methods, like the slow cooker, to make tougher cuts of meat tender and juicy.
Plan and prep meals ahead
- Whether it’s veggies for the week, tomorrow’s breakfast, lunches or dinners, prepping food in advance is a step in the right direction towards eating healthy. Plus, it’s also a good way to make sure you’re eating what’s in the fridge, to minimise waste. The best tip on how to save!
Shop at ethnic markets
- Consider checking out your local ethnic markets…Not only you’ll find a bargain, but loads of interesting ingredients for you to try! Nothing better than trying something new than eating the same old food on a daily basis…