It doesn’t matter if you are you a Gym Bunny or January newbie. Download these tracks to smash through your workouts in 2017!
Pre workout boosters such as a banana, cup of coffee and pre workout supplements all help. However, a recent study showed that listening to music during a workout can also help boost your performance by up to 15%!
And if you know your stuff, the songs you’re looking for should be specifically between 120 and 140 beats per minute (bpm) – These tunes will have the maximum effect on you for those extra press-ups, squats and rows. That beat is often the perfect pacemaker for the treadmill too!
Here’s a list of tracks that motivate us in the gym! Download them, play them in the gym, then thank us later..
- Momento, Mambo Brothers – We first discovered this tune in Ibiza last summer. It’s big, bouncy and has an awesome feel-good house vibe to it. Ideal to help you conquer the treadmill.
- Spoken Word (feat. George the Poet), Chase and Status – They’ve kept up there trade mark beat and their latest single even has a motivational speech running throughout. If doesn’t motivate you, nothing will.
- All I Do Is Win (feat. T-Pain, Ludacris, Snoop Dogg & Rock Ross), DJ Khaled – Some of the biggest names teamed up to help you. You’ll be bursting with confidence at the end of your third set of bicep curls!
- Ambience, Mele – Just as you think the drums can’t build up anymore, Mele takes it up another level. Tribal, strong and will make you feel like you’ve transformed into a fully-fledged marathon runner.
- Champion, Kanye West – No longer everyone’s cup of tea but this classic Kanye track was released back before he went off the rails… you’re almost guaranteed to squeeze that last rep out listening to this.
- Eminem, Lose Yourself – Arguably one of the best rappers of all time, Eminem created this beast back in 2002 but it’s got to be in your playlist. One to play near the end of your hard workout.
- Run Boy Run, Woodkid – It’s all in the title. Listen to this song and you’ll end up taking the treadmill for a run! *Warning, it’s very catchy*
- Redemption (feat. Jacob Banks), Sigma and Diztortion – This track is filled with those perfect workout beats per minute. A really up beat tune that will make sure that last squat is nice and low to the ground.
- Human, Rag’n’Bone Man – Winner of the Brits’ Critics Choice Award 2017, you won’t get a more fresh and cutting track than this one. His raw voice carries a dark undertone that will push you to your limits!
TOP TIP: Find your ‘in the zone’ song. Try playing it at the top of your playlist at the beginning of your workout, the more you do this, the more your brain will register it’s time to exercise. Ask yourself why you end up hating the song you select as your morning alarm?