7 Habits To Be More Effective
Powerful lessons for personal change taken from Stephen R. Covey’s book ‘The Seven Habits Of Highly Effective People’. Put these habits into practice to transform the results you’re getting and ensure more success. Get applying!
1. Be Proactive: Take full responsibility for all of your choices as they determine the outcome of your life. Be aware of your choices and use your initiative so you’re ready to grab opportunities when they arise. Become proactive.
2. Begin With The End In Mind: begin each day with a clear vision for what you want to achieve, and clarify the values that are truly important to you. Focus on the end result, get inspired, and your actions that follow will become effortless. This way you’re driven by what you really want.
3. Put First Things First: Prioritise the most important tasks that will make everything else simpler. Begin to take action and put the first things first by prioritising the most urgent tasks. Don’t prioritise whats on your schedule, but instead schedule your priorities.
4. Think Win-Win: Choose a frame of mind that looks to make decisions that not only benefit you, but also others. Always look for mutual benefit when making decisions in relationships. You will get all you want in life, if you help enough other people get what they want.
5. Seek First To Understand, Then To Be Understood: Communication is one of the most important skills in life, we are often thinking of a reply rather than listening to what is being said to us. Learn to listen then respond, rather than hear then react.
6. Synergise: Be open-minded to new ideas and team up with others to combine strengths. Adopt an attitude of finding new solutions for old problems. 1+1 is greater than 1 on its own.
7. Sharpen The Saw: Spend quality time on yourself to recharge physically and mentally. This way you can maintain the habits you have adopted and can live an effective lifestyle that is sustainable. Otherwise your body becomes weak, and your mind will become mechanical.
Written by Sam Capps