Here are 2 of the best vegan recipes for you to try. Spice it up a little with something different for dinner! And of course, all you vegans will love these recipes. Yum!
Poblano and Portobello Fajitas
What you’ll need:
- 1 poblano pepper, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 2 bell peppers, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow or white onion, diced
- 2 large or 4 baby portobello mushrooms, stems removed, wiped clean and thinly sliced
- 2 ripe avocados
- juice of 1/2 lime
- sea salt, cumin & garlic powder
- 6 small flour or corn tortillas
- Optional: fresh red onion, hot sauce, cilantro, salsa
1.) Heat a large pan and a medium pan over medium heat. Once hot, add a dash of olive or coconut oil to the large pan, then add the onion and peppers. Season with salt, cumin and garlic powder. Cook until softened and slightly caramelised, stirring often. Set aside and cover to keep warm.
2.) To the medium pan, add a dash of olive oil along with the mushrooms. Remember to season with a bit of salt. Once softened and brown remove from heat and set aside.
3.) Prepare guacamole by adding two avocados to a bowl. Then add the juice from the half of lime. Add a pinch of salt.
4.) Warm the tortillas up in the microwave and serve with peppers and onions, mushrooms, guacamole.
Vegan Philly Cheese Sandwich
What you’ll need:
- 2 vegan hoagie rolls
- 3/4-1 cup seitan strips
- 2-5 tablespoons of vegan cheddar cheese
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced into strips (use red and/or green peppers)
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- a few dashes chipotle or cayenne powder for heat
- salt to taste
- 1-2 teaspoon oil
- 2 tablespoons of hatch chillies, diced (canned)
1.) Prepare rolls in the oven to toast. Prepare the vegetables and add oil to the pan over high heat.
2.) Add peppers and onions. Cook until the edges begin to blacken and the onions begin to caramelise. Add in the spices, pepper and salt. Don’t forget!
3.) Just before the vegetables are cooked, add in the cheese and let it melt on top of the veg. Add the vegetables and cheese onto a plate.
4.) Whilst the pan is still hot, add the seitan strips and a dash of oil. Cook until the edges blacken. Add some extra spices if you wish!
5.) Add the veggies and cheese back to the hot pan and toss with the cooked seitan. Remove from heat and add the filling to the hoagie rolls. Garnish with the fresh cilantro, tomato and green chillies, pepper as well.