To celebrate Star Wars Day, here are five weird things about the film franchise you may not have known.
- Chewbacca was inspired by George Lucas’ old dog, an Alaskan Malamute, a large, furry breed that weighs around 130 pounds when it’s fully grown
- Qui-Gon Jinn’s communicator is actually a modified Gillette Ladies Sensor Excell razor
- James Earl Jones was so sure the film would be a flop that he refused to allow his name to be published as Darth Vader’s voice on the original credits of A New Hope
- E.T.’s species (Asogians) appears in The Phantom Menace at a political speech in the galactic senate
- The phrase “I have a bad feeling about this” features in every single Star Wars film
- The word ‘ewok’ is never said out loud in a Star Wars movie
- According to Samuel L. Jackson, the hilt of his lightsaber was engraved with the words “bad motherfucker”
May the Fourth be with you as you venture into a galaxy far, far away on Star Wars Day.
For more things on Star Wars, read Star Wars: The Last Jedi review