To improve the handwriting is to make it more beautiful, calligraphic, and more understandable for reading and pleasant perception. If you do not have perfect handwriting, then you need to start the lessons on improving it by analyzing the initial data, namely: to answer the question, what is wrong with the handwriting that you own. It will be useful for writing my teacher my hero essay.
There is a widespread opinion that handwriting is formed in childhood and trying to correct it in the future is useless. This is not quite true. Yes, some habits and the manner of writing individual letters and connections will remain with you for life. But in general, if you make an effort, even in adulthood, you can significantly improve your handwriting, making it not only understandable but also beautiful.
Properly equip the workplace
1.It sounds like a tip from ancient textbooks on calligraphy or a phrase from a poster in the office in the elementary grades. But a flat solid surface, comfortable chair, and good light are really important, not less than good motivation.
2. In any case, it is important to choose a good tool. The process of writing the text by hand is no exception. Some people think that the fountain pen is the ideal tool for putting beautiful and smooth handwriting. This is not a universal solution. Perhaps you will avoid some mistakes using the fountain pen.
Change the technique
3. A few exercises are not enough to learn how to write beautifully and clearly. The setting or correction of handwriting may well take one or two years of regular training. Only, in this case, the acquired skills will become reflexes, and you do not have to put extra effort and remember how to write this or that letter correctly. Accordingly, haste will not help during the training.
4. The expert on calligraphy, Lora Hooper, in her advice on improving handwriting notes that most people when writing by hand actively use their fingers. They do not write letters but draw them. In doing so, you often have to tear your hand away from the paper to continue the text. Professionals do not use fingers at all.
Practice simple forms and find errors
5. Practice writing simple symbols. For example, try to write several pages with simple vertical lines, trying to make them the same length and maintain parallelism. Then repeat the exercise with the horizontal lines. Gradually go to more complex shapes and curved lines, as well as individual elements of letters.
6. Situations where everything is bad, everything is not so rare. But still, in some cases, it’s enough to work hard on certain letters and bunches, so that the handwriting becomes more understandable at times. Determine which characters are the worst for you, and concentrate on changing their spelling. Keep the same distance between letters and their height.
7. If you want to correct the handwriting, but independent exercises do not bring the desired result, or you do not have enough understanding of how and what exactly needs to be corrected, do not be afraid to turn to specialists.
More simple advice on how to improve handwriting
8. If the letters are too small, too large, of different sizes, then you have to learn to re-write in regular letters, using the usual student’s exercise-book, so as not to go beyond the horizontal lines.
9. If the slope is too oblique forward, backward or not at all, then it is necessary to acquire a stack of notebooks in a slanting ruler and methodically work on writing words and letters under the right slope. By the way, graphologists say that the style of writing with a lean forward is a sign of cordiality, emotionality; and handwriting with an inclination back is a sign of coldness and restraint.
10. If the pressure is too strong, then you need to learn to control how you hold the handle. Do not press on it, learn to keep it at ease. Ensure that while writing the neck, shoulders, arms were relaxed, and the posture would be correct.
11. If there is no letter connection, or it is not uniform, it is recommended to practice writing letters using the “non-discontinuous” letter method. It involves connecting letters without taking the pen off the paper. Also, you again need to use the recipe for working off the writing of the connecting elements.
12. Formulate beautiful handwriting helps the exercises that develop fine motor skills of the fingers. This is an action with small items: weaving, knitting, modeling, etc.
13. Define the goal that you are aiming for: how you would like to see your handwriting. Choose the desired option from samples of handwritten or computer fonts. Create a sample on a sheet of paper, and then carefully simulate the selected writing style.
14. Choose for training prose or poems of classics – so you will not only improve the handwriting but also improve your cultural level.