Accountancy is a broad profession that allows individuals to choose from a wide range of unique profiles and career paths. An accountant can opt for either of the three streams: public accounting, industrial accounting and government accounting. Each of these career types comprise of job roles in different fields of accounting, each with their individual focus and specialisation. Within these rolls they may be expected to create pay stubs this can either be done manually or there are a number of softwares that can be used these days.
It is important that students invest their time in understanding the various career fields in accounting before they decide the direction they want to take. Although, most accounting jobs require a bachelor’s degree, having an associate degree or an accounting certificate under your belt can be an added advantage.
The two main benefits of choosing accounting as a profession is one, a broad range of career choices and two, above-average salary packages. Take a look at some of the advantages of accounting as a career:
- Career diversity – Accountants can choose to work in different industries, both in the public and private sectors or even start their own business. Their workspace setting also varies depending on the type of sector that they are working for. They can either choose to work at an office or take up a job that requires travelling to client-site for auditing. Furthermore, accountants can choose to work from home or start their own business.
- Ample opportunities – Upon graduating, accountants can specialise in different type of job roles that are related to managing an organisation’s fund in an efficient manner. Accountants can advance to the position of supervisor or partner after they begin receiving promotions and building network with professionals holding senior designations. Students who possess an accounting qualification can choose from a wide range of accounting services, such as:
- Company management.
- Specialisations – Accountants have the opportunity to add prestige and distinction to their qualification by obtaining certifications or completing additional coursework. This can further help them achieve accreditations in specialities such as:
- Financial and credit management;
- Financial re[porting;
- Management accounting;
- Strategic business planning;
- Treasury management;
- Business valuation;
- Personal finance.
Opting for an Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) course can help students build foundational skills required to start a career in the core accountancy sector. Choosing an ACCA course for an accounting career can prepare you to qualify for an ACCA certification. Adding this prestigious qualification to your candidature can equip you with the knowledge that is based on the international accounting and auditing standards. ACCA qualified accountants are eligible to work in any part of the world as well as build relationship with multinational organizations, overseas accounting bodies, educational institutes and governments.
Pursuing and ACCA course online is a cost-effective way to gain accountancy knowledge and professionalism. Besides gaining technical knowledge in accounting and finance, students can also gain valuable skills in organisational and strategic management. If you are looking to attach a worldwide recognition to your accountancy career, then enrolling for an ACCA course or perhaps an upcoming training course can help your with that.