There has never been a better time to join us at #TeamSTSFT. We are one of the north east’s largest foundation trusts with over 8,000 staff providing a range of specialist hospital and community based services to a population of around 427,000.
We have created a caring, family like culture that means you will feel fully supported in everything you do and we are very proud of the fact that 94% of our patients are likely to recommend our services.
What nursing means to us
We know as nurses that we need to retain and strengthen our efforts to ensure that person centred care is always delivered with kindness, compassion, dignity and respect based on shared decision making and personal choice wherever possible.
Our career framework demonstrates our commitment to professional development and spans from pre-nursing experience to specialist careers with educational, experienced based learning and research opportunities.
We want to be able to support our nurses to develop themselves, whether they are already in leadership positions or aspire to do so in the future. We encourage all of our senior staff to lead by example and provide visible leadership and mentorship, as well as ensuring professional practice and accountability.
We also want to promote a culture of research and innovation and build research capacity and capability amongst our nursing workforce. A knowledge and understanding of evidence based practice is essential for all registered nurses, but we want to go further than that by providing support to assist and lead research studies.
Where we’re based
We’re lucky enough to span across the coastal towns of South Tyneside and Sunderland and care for patients across the following locations:
Our nursing teams are committed to supporting you to reach your potential and develop the skills needed to take you wherever you want to be within our organisation. As part of this we can offer you:
- Clear career progression and the chance to develop your nursing skills in a number of specialist areas.
- Flexible working opportunities that help you maintain a good work-life balance.
- The opportunity to work alongside our friendly, talented teams and become part of the STSFT family
- An enviable package of benefits that includes a staff gym (Sunderland), on site nursery (South Tyneside), generous holidays and dedicated occupational health team looking after your health and wellbeing needs.
- Continuing professional development – whether you want to enhance your qualifications, develop specialist skills or prepare yourself as a future leader or manager, we have a range of training available.
- Access to our Preceptorship programme to support you during the first stages of your career. The six month programme will help you integrate into the team at your own pace.
- The opportunity to have a mentor, who can give you advice and answer any questions you may have.
- Access to Clarity, an electronic appraisal toolkit. This enables you to develop an electronic portfolio and collect all of the evidence you require to revalidate with the NMC every three years.
- The chance to rotate between both hospital sites and a range of specialities to enhance your learning and knowledge and develop new skills.
If you would like to know more about nurse recruitment and the exciting opportunities that we can offer you, click here: https://www.stsft.nhs.uk/join-our-team/nurse-recruitment
You can also listen to our wonderful Care of the Older Person Team’s stories of working at our Trust here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU46N4JYAkU