As any educator knows, getting something right first time can be a tricky business indeed.
No matter whether you’re developing a niche app, leveraging your professional educational experience in a new field, or anything in between – understanding what you are trying to achieve is the first step toward success.
So, here are five key questions to honestly ask about your potential e-learning platform.
What do I need to ask?
- Am I Compliant: Firstly, it is important to look at where your tool can potentially play a role in supporting the educational sector and become a valid resource. If this is the case, it is important that you not only work to support the established syllabus but are fully compliant with any applicable legal regulations. This can help make adoption easier and help prevent any unwanted fines or suits for noncompliance.
- Have I considered my learning objectives?: Cementing your key learning goals is an essential part of any digital app. These can be stated upfront and help guide individual learning but should, at a minimum, form the heart of your design document and form the backbone of your development process. These can be gleaned from the sector or educational strand you are supporting and potentially adjusted as required.
- Am I Modular?: If any sector is going to change, it will be one related to education. With syllabuses and initiatives regularly updated, being able to respond to this change is essential – as is expanding your platform to include new content, elements, and methodologies. Taking a modular development approach can allow you to scale with ease and respond to opportunity and risk with ease.
- Have I been endorsed?: While marketing through conventional channels is helpful, there are few boosts more effective than receiving an endorsement from an industry professional. Having the backing of seasoned and trusted public or professional figures can help the profile of your work and even allow you to make use of their knowledge when it comes to expanding and optimising your platform.
- Am I harnessing the strengths of my platform?: Or ‘just how interactive am I exactly’? One of the key advantages of E-Learning platforms is that they allow users to learn how they want to and when they want to. Choosing a digital system will allow you to gamify the learning process and encourage users to engage, letting them test their mastery, give a sense of accomplishment, and make material engaging in a way that conventional educational methods simply can’t. Crack this challenge and you’ve got something special indeed…
If you’re still struggling to understand how to create an e-learning platform, thankfully help is at hand. Taking the time to review online guidance and tutorials can help you quickly get up to speed with the challenges people in the sector face and insure that you have the knowledge toy need when it comes to approaching a developer top assist your build, expert to critique your design, or a team that can help you get to market as soon as you are ready.