ETIAS is a visa waiver program for those people who don’t have a proper visa to enter the EU Schengen Area. It starts from January 2023. Here, we will discuss the role and need of ETIAS. And here you can check the ETIAS application process. In the last few years, there have been many terrorist attacks in the EU. For future prevention of them, this program was proposed by European Council in June 2017. EITAS was then agreed to be work upon in May 2018 with Council Presidency and the European Parliament both on board.

Now, we will discuss how beneficial is ETIAS for the EU. The primary notion behind the program is to improve security and control border situations.

These are the advantages that EU member states will have after the start of the program:

  • They’ll be able to make advance checks of those who enter the territory.
  • If a person is seen to be a potential threat to the EU, then they can deny their authorisation and can limit public health risks.
  • They can improve their territory’s internal security.
  • Prevention of illegal immigration can also be done by the member states.

Why is the ETIAS program needed?

Now that you know what ETIAS and its advantages are, you might be wondering why this program is needed. Starting from 2023, approximately 30 million people are expected to enter Europe each year through the program. Till now, 60 countries have agreed on the agenda of visa-free EU travel. The residents of the member countries are only allowed to remain for 90 days within six months aren’t allowed to work there. These rules have been broken many times by a lot of visitors. This is one of the main reasons for starting the program ETIAS, for preventing illegal working and overstaying.

Here is the list of:

Study in Europe with ETIAS and Best Places for it 

Studying in Europe is a massive win for students to learn new things and culture. International students can unlock many excellent opportunities and have promising careers studying from European universities. If you’re a language learner, then you are in the best hands as you will get to learn from native speakers. The EITAS program helps students ease the process of going to Europe for studies.

Students can learn in whatever language they prefer in Europe. Sweden, Germany, and Spain are some of the best countries that come to the ETIAS list and have many good universities. As mentioned earlier, the permit is only for 90 days; students can also take some short courses. These programs have a 3-month learning period with certification. Language programs and short-term business courses are some of the best short practices in Europe.

Apart from the universities, Europe also has some great cookery schools. Cooking in these schools is taught by experienced chefs and bakers with unique and classic techniques. You will also get certified here for your cooking courses. If you’re on EITAS and are looking for a short period, then you won’t be disappointed. Le Cordon Bleu provides certification for essential cuisine and pastry.

What are the documents needed for a European Student Visa? 

First of all, if you are looking to study in universities, you need to have a visa to check for an extended period. For the ETIAS application process, you can apply for a visa in your country by providing these details:

  • You must have proof of all your academic qualifications.
  • Proof of Health insurance is required.
  • Evidence of your financial documents which will cover your studies and expenses.
  • An explanation of your rental agreement is needed of where you live.
  • Both application forms are filled with your details.
  • Copy of your valid passports and two photographs of passport size.

If the student is a minor, parental consent is needed to apply for a visa.

The required documents here are proof of guardian’s occupation, a signature of both parents on the consent that allows minor’s travel, with a copy of the birth certificate of the child.

Required certifications for studying in Europe

We have listed all the documents that a student will need to apply for a student visa in Europe. Now, we will discuss the certificates that will also be required in the process of the visa application. The certifications that you will need are given as follows:

  • If you are applying for a Master’s degree, then you will need to provide proof that you have completed an undergraduate program. The evidence for this is provided by submitting copies of your previous diplomas.
  • To study in Europe, you must have a basic idea of the country’s native language. The university will accept students based on a language proficiency certificate provided by them.
  • Academic transcripts from your previous universities will be required to provide the information of the courses you have undergone in your graduation.