Education Studies is available at the University of Derby (Derby University). This post will provide a brief overview of all you need to know about studying Education at the University of Derby. It will also help you decide whether or not being a Derby student is appropriate for you.
Derby University Ranking
The University Of Derby is ranked among the top 100 institutions in the United Kingdom. Derby University is well-known for its Educational Studies and is placed in the top 20 in the country.
An educational course will prepare you for the difficulties of teaching and learning in the twenty-first century. You will be taught how to operate in a modern classroom setting. If you opt to study abroad, you will have the opportunity to participate in international learning. Working with various schools throughout your placements will enrich your learning experience and help you become a confident and inspiring education professional. You will gain theoretical and practical skills in communication, leadership, attention to detail, presenting, imaginative thinking, organisational skills, and confidence. The University of Derby offers a variety of education courses at all levels, from undergraduate to postgraduate. Here’s what they have to offer:
- Education with Qualified Teacher Status Integrated Masters (MEdu)
- Primary Education with Qualified Teacher Status BEd (Hons)
- Careers Education and Coaching MA
- Education (with optional pathways) MA
- Education (Workplace Contract) MA
- National Award for SEN Co-ordination: Leading Effective, Inclusive Practice in SEN PG Cert
Pros and Cons Of Education Studies
- During your placement and when you become a full-time teacher, you will form bonds with your pupils.
- You’ll always be able to indulge your passion for learning. You are constantly learning and growing in your field.
- You will enjoy working with your class! It will be rewarding knowing you have assisted students in learning something, achieving something, or helping them with something they are struggling with.
- You will have a wonderful vacation. Nearly every month you will have a vacation. You will also enjoy long holidays!
- It may be difficult to manage a classroom if you choose to be a teacher. Unruly kids, pupils with learning disabilities, lesson plans and phone calls from parents can disrupt your teaching. As you get more expertise and help from your colleagues, classroom management becomes simpler!
- When you become a teacher, marking and lesson planning requires a lot of time. You are unlikely to do it during school hours. You may have to work overtime or on weekends. Be prepared to sacrifice your free time to meet your obligations.
What Can A Derby Student Do With Their Education Studies Course?
Undergraduates of Education Courses are regarded for their broad knowledge and practical skills. Graduates find themselves in roles like:
- Community Education Officer
- Early Years Teacher
- Special Educational Needs Coordinator
- Special Educational Needs Teacher
- Teaching Assistant
- Education Mental Health Practitioner
- Further Education Teacher
- Primary School Teacher
- Secondary School Teacher
Check out their website for additional information on what it’s like to study an Education Course at the University Of Derby and to register today.