Education in the United Kingdom is not inexpensive these days. Thus, scholarships and other financial assistance are in high demand. Although scholarship financing is exceedingly competitive, it also means that a growing number of scholarships are being offered as UK colleges compete for the most outstanding international students. When you apply for good, lucrative UK scholarships, the competition is fierce, and some of the best suppliers consider various factors, including your previous academic experience.So, if you can show that you are a brilliant student with outstanding academic results, you should not hesitate to apply for an international scholarship in the United Kingdom.
Only once and when you know how much funding you can receive for your studies then you are able to set your budget for accommodations to stay, for example, rooms to rent in Bristol.
Find below a list of scholarships for study in the United Kingdom, some financed by the UK government, others by foreign organisations, and many by particular UK universities.
Some of the scholarships are as follows:
- British Chevening Scholarships – supported by the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office and other organisations. The scholarships take care of the entire or a portion of the cost of full-time graduate programs in any discipline.
- Commonwealth Scholarships for Developing Commonwealth Countries – Scholarships for overseas students from Commonwealth developing countries to pursue masters and doctoral degrees. You may find the complete list of eligible countries here.
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme at UK Universities — UK scholarships for international students pursuing master’s degrees in the United Kingdom. Programs studied must be demonstrably critical to advancing technology, the economy, or society in the student’s home country.
- Marshall Scholarships – Postgraduate scholarships for US students who have demonstrated academic merit, leadership potential, and ambassadorial potential to study in the United Kingdom. MBAs and some courses are not included.
International students can apply for non-governmental UK scholarships:
- Euraxess UK – Euraxess is a European Commission program that provides funding to European researchers. The British Council manages the scheme’s UK section, which offers a variety of graduate research scholarships to international students from every part of the world.
- Castle Smart Scholarship – Estate agent CastleSmart gives a £6,000 annual scholarship to an undergraduate student in the United Kingdom (open to all nationalities). Applicants must create a captivating YouTube video explaining their academic and professional goals.
- Surf shark Privacy and Security Scholarship – A $2,000 reward is available to a student currently enrolled as a high school, undergraduate, or graduate student in the United Kingdom or another study destination. To apply, you need to submit an essay, and the scholarship is open to people of all nationalities.
Once you figure out your scholarships and the pay for the international students, you can start looking for homes and accommodations for your living conditions. Based on the budgets, you can research student housing in Edinburgh and finalise the one that best serves you.
University-specific International students can apply for UK scholarships:
- Aberystwyth University International Scholarships – Many scholarships, bursaries, and award programs are available to international students attending Aberystwyth University in Wales.
- Bristol University International Scholarships – UK scholarships for international students to study undergraduate or postgraduate degrees at Bristol University.
- International Scholarships at University of Birmingham – Many scholarships are available for international students wishing to study at the University of Birmingham.
- Cardiff University Elite Overseas Scholarships – Bachelor’s and master’s degrees UK scholarships are available for international students studying at Cardiff University in Wales.
- Clarendon Scholarships at University of Oxford — The Clarendon Fund, sponsored by Oxford University Press, provides UK scholarships to full- and part-time graduate students at the University of Oxford.
- Edinburgh University Global Scholarships – Many UK scholarship options for overseas graduate students attending the University of Edinburgh in Scotland. Scholarships are also available for students from Central and South America.
- Gates Scholarships for International Students at Cambridge – Offering full UK scholarships to international students studying at University of Cambridge in the UK. Only full-time postgraduate students are eligible.
- The Imperial College in London Bursaries and Scholarships – Imperial College London offers undergraduate scholarships, including the President’s Undergraduate Scholarships. Postgraduate scholarships are also available from the university.
- International Scholarships at Kingston University — The university’s international office grants scholarships at all levels of study, including undergraduate scholarships for Indian students.
With that, we reach the end of the list of scholarships you can look for if you wish to pursue your studies in the UK!
Once you decide which scholarship you wish to go for and which university best suits you, the next thing to finalise is your accommodation. And for that amber has your back! Amber assists students in getting homes around the globe updated with the latest covid policies. So check out our website, Facebook, and Instagram pages to get yourself a lovely home away from home!