Molecular Biology is available at Staffordshire University. This post will provide a brief overview of all you need to know about studying an MSc in Molecular Biology at Staffordshire University. It will also help you decide whether or not being a Staffordshire student is appropriate for you.
Staffordshire University Ranking
Staffordshire University is one of the top 100 universities in the United Kingdom. This university is well-known for its MSc Molecular Biology course, and its biological sciences department ranks among the top 80 in the country.
MSc Molecular Biology
This course examines sophisticated molecular technology as well as clinical techniques. This course is for you if you wish to understand diseases and their influence on biomedicine. The course will allow you to study topics of molecular biology and will directly relate to the roles you can earn after graduation. You will participate in hands-on workshops in cutting-edge laboratory facilities to put your knowledge into practice. The course will be assessed based on course work and two online tests, with a total of 8 15 credit modules. You will need at least a 2:2 honours degree or international equivalent in a related topic is often required for admission to this Master’s degree.
An MSc in biology can offer up even more opportunities. When you finish your course, you may even decide to pursue a PhD or further specialise!
Pros and Cons Of BSc Molecular Biology
- This is a well-regarded course. You will have a plethora of work opportunities. With COVID-19, the world needs fresh and emerging molecular biologists to observe how the virus evolves and functions.
- This course will provide you with a wealth of transferrable abilities.
- After completing this course, you will be able to travel the world. As part of your job, you will be able to study how viruses and illnesses work in diverse environments across the world.
- Upon graduation, you will receive a highly paid position in Molecular Biology or a related field.
- You will have a heavy workload, as with any master’s programme. Choose this course only if you believe you are capable of completing it and that it will benefit your work prospects.
- The field is extremely competitive. Prepare to compete with other grads for top positions.
- Some jobs in the biology sector may need exposure to potentially harmful chemicals and substances. In laboratories, you will be working with deadly strains of bacteria and viruses. This is potentially detrimental to your health. Before you enter this field, be sure that you are aware of this danger and that you wish to accept it.
What Can A Staffordshire Student Do With Their BSc Molecular Biology Course?
Undergraduates of MSc Molecular Biology are regarded for their broad knowledge and research skills. Graduates find themselves in roles like:
- Molecular Biologist
- Clinical Research Assistant
- Laboratory Technician
- Laboratory Assistant
- Human Resources
- Science Communication
- Work In Analytical Labs
Check out their website for additional information on what it’s like to study a Molecular Biology course at Staffordshire University and to register today.