The demand for yoga accessories has increased as yoga has become more popular as a form of exercise. The yoga block and strap combination is one example of such an aid. Yoga students can use these props to improve their flexibility and posture. Creating your own set of yoga blocks and straps using simple glue-based construction techniques can be more cost-effective and fulfilling than buying a pre-made set. This post will walk you through making your yoga block and strap set from everyday household items.
Building Yoga Wooden Blocks
Making your yoga block and strap set from common household items is a DIY project. DIY projects involve quick guides on repairing and fixing household items, like broken ceramics, fixing leather bags, and glueing loose shoe soles.
Fixing stuff takes time and doesn’t come easy for many people, but don’t worry whether you enjoy it; you will find the tips & tricks here very helpful. For this easy DIY project, you’ll need a few things like wood glue, a measuring tape, a saw or sharp knife, and two wooden blocks (preferably cedar wood because of its lightweight). The step-by-step guide below will help you achieve this project seamlessly.
- Mark off two pieces of wood using a measuring tape with the following dimensions: 3 x 6 x 9 inches. Cut the wooden blocks to size with a saw or a sharp knife.
- Smoothen the edges of the wooden blocks with sandpaper so there are no rough edges or splinters.
- The next step is to glue the blocks together. Apply a large amount of fabric adhesive on the wide sides of the blocks. Place one of the glued blocks on top of the other glued ones, making sure the edges are lined up. Put some pressure on the blocks to make sure it sticks. Wait 12 to 24 hours for the glue to dry.
- After the glue has dried, use sandpaper to smoothen the blocks’ sides and edges again to make them uniform in size and remove any excess adhesive. The yoga blocks are now ready to use.
Making The Yoga Strap
A yoga strap will help you to easily carry the yoga mat to any location for yoga practices. If you don’t have a belt or you need a replacement, follow this simple DIY method to make a yoga strap for your yoga mat. Materials required include two rings, six feet of cotton webbing, glue, a sewing machine, threads, measuring tape, and scissors.
- Glue the ends of the webbing to prevent it from fraying.
- Fix the ends of the strap into the rings and fold it 3cm. Sew with a sewing machine, making a zigzag pattern to reinforce the seam further. If you don’t have a sewing machine, you can glue it together with a strong glue or hand stitch with a needle and thread.
- Remember that the webbing on your yoga strap is fully adjustable to fit your needs.
Putting The Yoga Block And Straps To Use
Your physical well-being and fitness are paramount as a student to keep your brain and body system perfectly functional. Hence, you can use the yoga block and strap in a wide variety of yoga postures to aid in the proper alignment of your body into a more comfortable position. Some stances that work well with blocks and straps are while in a seated forward fold position, you can increase the stretch to your thighs and hips by placing a yoga block on the floor beneath your forehead.
During the triangle pose, the strap can assist in reaching downward while maintaining a straight spine. Place the yoga block under your lower back in a bridge pose to help support your weight and keep your spine neutral.
To enhance your yoga practice without breaking the bank, consider making your own yoga block and strap set utilising basic glue-based assembly techniques. You may make a perfect set if you have the necessary supplies and follow the instructions above. Several different yoga positions call for using the yoga block and straps.