- Unsalted butter (225g)
- Castor sugar (100g)
- Drop of vanilla essence
- Plain flour (225g)
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- White chocolate chips (150g)
- Mug of double cream
- Bundles of fresh strawberries.
- Spoonful of icing sugar
- Strawberry coulis to serve (optional)
How do I cook it?
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Beat the butter, castor sugar and vanilla essence in a bowl until smooth, light and fluffy.
- Sieve in the flour and baking powder, stirring through to form a dough.
- Mix the white chocolate chips into the dough.
- Push this dough into a round cake tin, so that it’s 2cm thick.
- Bake for 20-25 mins, avoid gaining too much colour. It will still be soft but will harden up as it cools.
- Leave to cool in the tin to set up a little, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Whip the cream to stiff peaks and spread over the cooled shortcake.
- Slice the strawberries, keeping their natural shape and arrange on top of the cream.
- Dust in icing sugar and enjoy a wedge with a glass of freshly made lemonade.
Does this recipe make your mouth water? Check out www.sortedfood.com for more great cooking ideas!