We don’t half have some odd days to celebrate and today is no different. It’s one of the most important of the year… wait of it… it’s National Cheese Day. This got us thinking, there’s nothing cheesier than cringey chat up lines and bad jokes. We covered the chat up lines earlier on today, so now you’re gunna have to brace yourselves for our witty (terrible) punch lines! Are you ready? Here we go! Oh and we also have some great cheese recipes for you to have ago at from our lovely friends @Noshbooks!
Have you heard about the explosion at the cheese factory?
De brie was everywhere!
Someone threw a piece of cheddar at me…
I said, ”Well that’s not very mature!”
What’s a mouses favourite hotel?
I am addicted to cheddar cheese…
Luckily, It’s only mild!
What do you call cheese that’s not yours?
What’s the best way to get a mouse to smile?
What’s a cheeses favourite music genre?
Cook the potatoes in a fairly large dish, so that there is more surface area to brown on the top.
2–3 potatoes, cut into 1⁄2cm slices
1 x quantity of Quick Cheese Sauce
1 extra mug grated cheese
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC fan oven/200ºC/Gas 6.
2. Arrange the sliced potatoes in layers in the bottom of the casserole dish.
3. Pour the cheese sauce over and season with salt and pepper.
4. Top with the grated cheese.
5. Bake in the oven for 30–35 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked and the cheese is browned. Test the potatoes with a fork. If they are not cooked, turn the oven down and leave for another 10 minutes.
6. Non-vegetarians can serve with bacon, sausages or salad.
Baked Chicken Topped with Cheese
You must use chicken breast, as legs and thighs will not cook in the time.
2 large potatoes
1⁄2 mug grated cheese
1 tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon dried chives
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon mustard
2 chicken breasts
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC fan oven/220ºC/Gas 7.
2. Put the potatoes on to bake.
3. Mix together the grated cheese, flour and chives. Add the milk and mustard and mix again.
4. Pile the cheese mix on top of the chicken breasts. Place on a greased baking tray or the bottom of a casserole dish. Leave until the potatoes have 30 minutes left to cook.
5. Bake in the oven, with the potatoes, for 25–30 minutes. The cheese should be browned.
6. Serve with salad.
Ooh… we can literally smell the cheese from here! If you think you can be even smellier than us, tweet us your cheese jokes and pictures of your cooking to @TheSPG!