Some foods were made for each other such as bacon and eggs, burger and chips, and peas and carrots. But how about the weird, wonderful and unusual food combinations out there? The ones that will drive your taste buds wild.
From banana and mayonnaise sandwiches, some of these pairings really shouldn’t work, but they do!
Check out some of these and you might find your new favourite meal, they might just surprise you.
- Marmite and chocolate spread, on toast
- Peanut butter and jam/jelly
- Ready salted crisps and milk chocolate
- Cauliflower rice
- Banana and bacon
- Bacon and maple syrup
- Chocolate and chilli
- Beef monster munch and mayo
- McDonalds chips and a milkshake or mcflurry
- Soy sauce, honey and tomato puree with chicken
- Green Pot Noodle and ketchup
- Crisps and cream cheese
- Pancakes and bacon
- Ice cream and olive oil
Do any of these sound appealing to you? Some of them have certainly made my stomach churn. Try mixing together your own ingredients and seeing what other unusual combinations you can make.
- Subscribe to The Student Pocket Guide for exclusive competitions, deals, discounts, tips and advice!
- Read The Student Pocket Guide