Getting bored of eating the same meals most days? We all love to try something different. Here are some amazing, nutritious chicken burger recipes for you to try at home…
Crispy chicken burgers with lemon mayo
- 4 chicken breast
- 3 slices of white bread, toasted
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- zest 1 lemon, juice from ½
- 4 tbsp reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 4 ciabatta buns, warm or toasted
- Heat the grill to a high heat. With the chicken, put it in-between 2 pieces of cling film and bash until the chicken is thinner than it was(preferably half the thickness it was). Toast the bread and put into a blender to rough the bread crumbs. Tip the bread crumbs onto a large plate.
- Beat the egg and mustard together in a bowl, don’t forget to season. Dip each bit of chicken into the mixture and roll it in the bread crumbs until it is completely covered. Place the chicken under the grill on a flat baking sheet and grill for about 10 mins, turning once, until golden and crisp on both sides and the chicken is cooked through.
- Beat the lemon zest and lots of black pepper into the mayonnaise. Spread some of the mayo onto the bottom halves of the buns, top with a chicken breast and salad of your choice and serve. Toast the buns or warm them in the microwave.
Cajun chicken & pineapple burger
- 4 chicken breast
- 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- drizzle of olive oil
- 4 pineapple rings, from a can
- 50g cheddar (grated)
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 4 burger bun, split and toasted
- a few lettuce leaves
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- Heat the grill to medium-high and line a baking tray with foil. place the chicken between 2 sheets of cling film and bash to an even thickness using a rolling pin(half of the size of the original thickness).
- Rub the Cajun spice mix, the oil and some seasoning all over the chicken breasts, then put them on the baking tray. Grill for 10 mins, turning halfway through to cook both sides. Top each chicken breast with a pineapple ring and some grated cheese, then return to the grill and cook for a further 2-3 mins until the cheese is golden and bubbling, and the chicken is cooked through.
- Spread a little sour cream over the base of each bun, then add lettuce, a chicken breast, sliced red onion, then pop the top of the bun on.
Mexican chicken burger
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 tsp chipotle paste
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1-2 slices cheese
- 1 brioche bun, split
- ½ avocado
- 2 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 3-4 pickled jalapeno slices, chopped
- ½ small garlic clove, finely grated
- Put the chicken breast between two pieces of cling film and bash with a rolling pin or pan to about 1cm thick. Mix the chipotle paste with half the lime juice and spread over the chicken.
- Heat a griddle pan over a high heat. Once hot, cook the chicken for 3 mins each side until cooked through, adding the cheese for the final 2 mins of cooking. Add the bun, cut-side down, to the griddle pan to toast lightly. Remember to season the chicken!
- Mash the avocado with the remaining lime juice. Then stir in the cherry tomatoes, jalapeno’s and garlic, then season a little with salt. Spread the mixture over the base of the bun, add the chicken, and place the top of the bun on top.