For many people, cold winter days bring uncomfortable dryness to the skin…Face, hands and feet. In some cases, it can be worse than just the general tight, dry feeling, skin can get so dry it results in flaking, cracking, even eczema.
- Wash your face in lukewarm water. Hot showers and baths are always perfect in winter. Try to get into a routine of washing your hands and face with lukewarm water to avoid stripping oils from the skin.
- Remember to moisturise immediately afterwards. You skin needs it after it’s been washed. Applying moisture to damp skin helps seal that dampness into the skin.
- Get used to wearing gloves and scarves to protect the skin from cold winds, rain and snow.
- Don’t forget to stay hydrated and to drink water. In the winter we always turn to hot drinks like tea and coffee…But don’t forget that skin needs the hydration from the inside.
- Always remember to use overnight moisturiser. Drier areas like hands, feet, elbows, and knees have thin skin and tend to lose moisture faster than other areas on the body.
So if you’re suffering with dry skin this winter…those tips above will benefit you!